Nov 27, 2008

"I'm good, Grampa..." "......good for what?"

recap of today's to do list:

awake. think... snow? no. frost.
quietly call "Berkeley... ......" from my bed and behind my closed door. hear him whimper and become restless behind the barricade. I keep calling. "Berkk.....Berkeley.. come here..." he barks impatiently... Ma catches on... and lets him in to say good morning. and happy thanksgiving.
coffee.crossword.jumble.
shower, get dressed.
Dad's by 11. talk about how Tyler really shouldn't have gotten his license, how Nick's work banned him from the coffee area, and about how dad needs to meet "the punks" I think I'm going to be living with.
catch Dad steal the roll off a family friend's plate while she blessed the meal...
watch Buppy, my grandfather, only use grunts, eyebrows and fists to communicate what dish he wanted. and how much.
ride with Gram and Gramp to Plymouth for dinner #2. Cash and Lynn on cassette.
"I'm thankful for family, friends and unicorns."
eat the equivalent of 23,234 lobsters, lazy man style. deep fried turkey and the fixings.
think about the perfect Thanksgiving bite- ask me about it.
wrestle isabella.
feel sick.
burp. rematch.
back to Dad's to get the truck. have a piece of Rhonda's homemade cheesecake.
get bombarded with air pellets..... ?? brothers.
take note of the milky way. become amazed that it is there, all the time. no matter what I do.
think about that more.
quiet, dark house. fire going. gorged. limp. lucky.

No comments: